Relaunching a struggling product using research to understand customer behavior.
When product owners at USAA discovered that CDs wasn't performing as expected, they engaged USAA's Chief Design Office to help identify the problem and come up with a solution.
I partnered with product management to identify any research that could have been previously conducted in relation to CDs. I analyzed the data to discovered any patterns and details about the persona. Interestingly enough, there were two personas that are after the product but we were not serving properly one of them.
Based on what I discovered, I prototyped and tested a concept where we would tell a story to the user of what their future would look like if they were to save towards their goal using a USAA CD.